When students train to be nail technicians, a number of questions arise when they are attending the nail courses. Many are unsure whether to start working as a mobile therapist or in their local salon. We analyse the pros and cons of working as a nail technician in these two completely different circumstances.
Working in a Salon Environment
- More Regular Clientele
- Equipment Provided
- Familiar Environment
- Employer Perks
- Lower Pay Grade (sometimes)
- You’re not your own boss
- Specific working hours
- Must meet specific requirements
Working as a Mobile Therapist
- Be your own boss
- Set you timetable
- Have Fun setting up your own business
- Attend nail courses without requesting leave from work and add to the skills that your clients can experience.
- Difficult to set up a client base
- Taking time out to purchase supplies
- Transport costs
- Transporting large equipment
Becoming a nail technician is hard enough, but with so many job opportunities and placements to take advantage of, it is important to weigh up the benefits of each line of work, before you finally decide upon which route to take.