Maintaining healthy skin can be difficult. With these five quick tips, you should find it easier to nourish and protect your beautiful skin!
1. Protect yourself from the sun
The sun can cause unnecessary premature wrinkles, liver spots and dry/rough skin. It also tends to promote the appearance of freckles. Exposure to the sun’s rays can cause more serious problems, such as skin cancer.
Some Simple Sun Tips:
- Use Sunscreen – of course!
- Try to avoid exposure to the sun between the peak hours – usually around 1pm give or take an hour or two.
- Wear protective clothing – Try on that huge hat!
Smoking prematurely ages your skin and helps to cause wrinkles. It restricts the blood flow and reduces the collagen and elasticity if your skin.
3. Treat your skin gently
Students on beauty courses understand that daily cleansing and shaving can take a toll on your skin, so keep it gentle:
- Try not to have super-long showers! Also limit the temperature: boiling hot water is not good for the skin.
- Use gentle soaps
- Sooth after shaving
- Pat your skin dry to help retain moisture
- Moisturise, to keep your skin looking healthy
4. Eat a healthy diet
Healthy diet and plenty of water is one of the most fundamental skin treatments! Make sure you eat plenty of fruit and vegetables as well as drinking plenty of water each day. People who are interested in beauty therapy or on beauty therapy courses will be pleased to know that it’s not just their treatments that help their clients skin.
5. Manage stress
Chill out every now and then. Your skin can show the stresses and strains of daily life and studies have shown that acne is more prone to appear on people with stressful lives.